Social Network Impact on Youth
Online social media have gained astounding worldwide growth and popularity which has led to attracting attention from variety of researchers globally. Although with time all generations have come to embrace the changes social network has brought about, teenagers and young adults are the most fanatic users of these sites. According to various research studies in the field of online social networks, it has been revealed that these sites are impacting the lives of the youth greatly. When using these sites such as Twitter, Facebook or MySpace, there are both positive and negative effects on the youth.
It is inevitable to ignore the fact that nowadays social network plays an essential role in teenagers’ lives. Most youths are spending at least an hour in these popular social media sites. Generally, 1 out of 7 minutes which are spent online by most of those who can access internet is spent on Facebook according to Shea Bennett. One may ask how spending all that time on the social media sites may have a positive impact on them. Well, social media helps the youth and any other user updated with what is happening around the world, help the teenagers stay connected and interact with each other even if they are many miles apart. This strengthens their relationship even if they finished school and moved to different locations they stay connected and update one another.
In addition, social media sites have provided a platform whereby the youth can create groups and pages based on their common discipline and end up building connections and opportunities for their respective careers by updating various topics to discuss. Youth who have been interviewed they say that social media has become their lifestyle and it makes their lives easier and efficient.
While on one hand social network sites seems to bring people together and connected on the other hand it creates social isolation in regard to BBC News report. As the youth tend to spend many hours on these sites, they rarely have face-to-face interaction. According various studies, scientists’ evaluation determined that social isolation can lead to a host of emotional, psychological, physical and mental problems which include anxiety, depression and somatic complaints among many others.
Other negative effects of social networking various people suggested included encouraging poor spelling and grammar, exposing underage to online predators, allowing spread of misinformation that is perceived as fact, decreasing productivity as those who are supposed to be working spend time in the sites to chat, provide a perfect platform for cyber bullying and providing details that increase risks of identity theft.
Social networking clearly portrays both positive and negative effects on the youth. It is decision of an individual to make whether to continue using the sites or not.
Top 34 Argumentative Essay Topics On Social Media
The right argumentative essay topics on social media will help you get good grades and impress the teacher. If you search over the internet you will find quite a lot of argumentative essay topics on social media. Here is a list of some of the best argumentative essay topics on social media that you can work on. Make sure that the subject is fresh and unique in its own way.
List of argumentative essay topics on social media:
- Is social networking really important?
- Should teenagers be allowed to access social networks?
- What should be the minimum age for creating an account in these sites?
- Should there be any restriction on the social interactions of children?
- Is social networking the reason behind an alienated society?
- Was life better before social networking was invented?
- Which social network is better?
- Which to use? The one that allows you to interact with unknown people or the one that allows for more anonymity?
- Should social networking be banned from educational institutes?
- Does social networking cause lapse in concentration?
- How important is texting to the present generation?
- What is the appropriate etiquette when using social network?
- Should employers scan the social network profile of employees?
- With social networks, nothing is a secret anymore?
- People are becoming shallower because of social networking?
- Is there any positive effect of social network?
- Should videos be shared on social network?
- Are social networks making a mockery of private life?
- Images stored on social networks are never safe.
- The best way to communicate is through social networks or face e to face?
- Should there be a watchdog on a person’s social activity?
- Protesting over social networks is fruitless. Do you agree?
- Which is the better and more secure? Writing a letter or sending a text?
- Should people stop using social networks?
- Do you think the government keeps an eye on a person’s social activity?
- Are social networks being used to spread propaganda and hate message?
- Is social networking the new smoking?
- Hours spend on the web; using social networks are fruitless and ineffective?
- Are social networks bringing down productivity at workplace?
- The effect of social network on developing mid is not appropriate?
- Should students be allowed to access social networks using the school Wi-Fi?
- The easiest way to know a person is through his social network profile?
- People create a different projection of themselves on the internet?
- Do people start to believe in these new identities?