A well-written cover letter is imperative for any job search. Like this automotive technician cover letter example, yours should highlight some information about your personality, skills and experience within the industry. Use the example along with these do’s and don’ts to help you create your own excellent cover letter.
- Do make your cover letter distinct from your CV or resume. Use this space to add a unique and relevant fact that perhaps you couldn’t fit onto your CV.
- Don’t focus on what the company can do for you. Your goal is to show the hiring manager how you can benefit the company by showing you are experienced and a team player.
- Do provide some quantitative information. Numbers speak loudly to hiring managers by showing that you are able to get results.
- Don’t be too formal. Avoid using improper slang, but do be friendly and approachable. Formal wording seems robotic and may be considered insincere.
Automotive Technician Advice
Searching for a job as an automotive technician? The cover letter examples below can help you take the next step toward getting hired. To succeed in this job, you’ll need specialized technical knowledge, customer service skills, and an impressive cover letter. Use the cover letter examples below as a guide in building your own job-winning cover letter. Just click on any of the templates below to get started today.
Cover Letter Tips for Automotive Technician
If you want to find jobs as a Automotive Technician, you would use the same techniques that you would in other parts of the country. Your success will largely depend on your ability to take the right actions and create a plan. Try following some of the following tips the next time you embark on your search for work.
1. When you stay positive and optimistic, you can drastically increase your chances of success. No one likes to be unemployed, but it is important to remember that your situation is only temporary and that there are more opportunities available.
2. It is always important to have a plan, especially when it comes to finding a new job. Make a cohesive, step-by-step plan to locate and apply to new positions. If you find this too difficult, you may want to consider working with a career coach.
3. If you looking for work, you may want to consider increasing your online presence. Employers are increasingly turning to the internet in order to find new employees and talent.
4. The quality of your cover letter is exceptionally important during a job search. Try updating your cover letter so that employers will have the most current understanding of your skill set.
5. Unpreparedness can lead to a horrible interview, but by understanding what you are up against, you can boost your chances of landing the job. Practice responding to questions with a friend or family member.
Automotive Technician Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to writing a cover letter, there is no such thing as too perfect. No matter where you live, or what industry you work in, your cover letter will determine whether or not you land an interview. Read over these simple cover letter tips before you start looking for jobs as a Automotive Technician.
1. Always include your contact information somewhere near the top of your cover letter. This information should include your name, location, phone number, and e-mail address. Ensure that employers can contact you by only including a single contact number.
2. If you want to make your cover letter more readable and professional-looking, consider organizing your information with bullets.
3. No one wants to hire a dishonest employee, so it is best to tell the truth on your cover letter. If you do not, the false information that you provided will be exposed when the background check returns.
4. Never reveal your reasons for leaving your previous jobs. If an employer does not sympathize with them, you may not get the job. Only reveal this information if you are asked for it directly.
5. It is unnecessary to include jobs that were held more than 15 years ago. Employers want to hire workers who possess an up-to-date skill set. If you include older jobs, your cover letter may appear outdated or out-of-touch with current times.
120 Vyse Street
20th April 2015
Dear Ms Graham,
I am writing to express my interest in your Automotive Mechanic Position which I saw advertised yesterday on the Dayjob.com website.
I am a fully qualified Mechanic who treats every car as if it were my own, and who possess a proven track record of giving customers a first class service every time. I never just focus on the nuts and bolts of a job, but instead concentrate on being at the very heart of the customer experience.
I have a natural propensity to volunteer to help others to ensure the successful conclusion of tasks.
As someone who has built up a reputation for carrying out warranty repairs to the manufacture's guidelines, I can be relied upon to adhere to the highest brand standards. During my career I have worked in very busy garages and body shops on all types of vehicles. With my present employer I am primarily responsible for organising repairs to customer vehicles whilst they wait.
On a personal level I am prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ in order to achieve excellent end results and furthermore am confident enough to be able to work unsupervised.
Right now I would like to work for a garage like yours, where the harder you work the more money you can earn. In addition to this letter I have also attached my current resume which will give you a more comprehensive idea of my competencies.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review my application and eagerly look forward to hearing from you as regards an interview.
Tel: 0044 121 638 0026
More Automotive Mechanic cover letter examples
Automotive Mechanic cover letter 2
Automotive Mechanic cover letter 3
Automotive Mechanic resume examples
Automotive Mechanic resume 1
Automotive Mechanic resume 2
Automotive Mechanic resume 3
Auto mechanic resume examples
Auto mechanic resume
Auto mechanic resume 1
Auto mechanic resume 2
Auto mechanic resume 3
Automotive technician resume
Car mechanic resume
Diesel mechanic resume
Student entry level mechanic resume template
More Cover Letters
Cover letter examples