Soccer is a game played by only two teams at any given time and each of the teams must have eleven players. It is played in a field that is rectangular in shape with two goal posts in each end of the field. Once the ball goes through any of the two goal posts a score is recorded. A player can score using any part of the body with exception of the arms. In this game, it is only the goalkeepers who are given permission to touch the ball with their hands. However, touching the ball that is intentionally played back to the goalkeeper by his own player is not permissible. Soccer is currently being governed by International Federation of Association Football (FIFA). It is the most watched game in the world and is played in not less than 200 countries worldwide. Here below is a detailed history of soccer.
Soccer was started around 2000 years ago. Its origin is traced to China although people from Rome, Greece and some sections in Central America also believe soccer originated from their countries. However, it is common knowledge that the current form of soccer was first played in England. It is in England where rules were formulated to guide in playing the game. For instance rules against touching the ball with hands. In England, schools started playing soccer and formulating there own rules. At the same time, clubs that were not connected to schools also started playing soccer but with different rules. This therefore meant that the rules being applied were not universal. In this accord, the Football Association was formed in 1893 to standardize these rules. Currently, the rules of soccer are being set by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) which was established in 1886. The world’s oldest soccer competition is the FA Cup that was started in 1872 with English clubs competing amongst each other.
In the modern day world, football is professionally played with so many teams evolving worldwide. However, soccer is also played at an amateur level in various parts of the world. The famous clubs in the world are in England, Italy, Spain and some countries in South America. Players in these clubs are paid highly. It is also observed that soccer nowadays evokes emotions from football fans who end up committing atrocities in the field when their favorite teams are defeated by opponents.
Helpful Suggestions For Creating A Good College Essay About Soccer
Writing papers is a huge part of the college experience. Being knowledgeable and comfortable with how to write them will make the time at school less stressful. There are numerous things that can make learning easy. Here are some helpful suggestions for creating a good college essay about soccer.
- You already have the subject. The next move is to make an organized outline of all your research material. This makes it faster to put your information in the right area. When you write your paper it should be interesting and have a good flow. Go through the information and pick-out at least five of the best sections of research. Use them as your topic sentences. These are the opening sentence of each paragraph.
- Be strategic on where you use your best research. The two best sections of research should definitely be topic sentences. They should be placed at the first and last paragraph. Those are the most important places to keep the reader’s attention. The reader should want to keep reading even after they have finished the paper. The last thing you want is to be all over the place with your information. This will lose the attention of the audience fast.
- Always be thinking about your descriptive and creative writing techniques. A lot of articles give you basic steps but seem to underplay these techniques. This is done by keeping in mind to write so the reader feels like they are right there. They should actually feel, smell, and hear each scenario you write about. This means describing each event in the most detailed way. To give an example, if writing a sentence like the sun was beautiful shining down on the ocean. Remember to use your imagination. The burnt orange colored ball of light showed the beautiful flow and life of the body of water that crashed effortlessly against the rocks. The more you practice the better your work will be accepted by the reader.
- Writing a paper should use numerous drafts. The first draft should be free writing. Write whatever comes to your mind. Do not think just write. The more times you write the work over the better it will be. The same when reading it. Have a couple of friends who do not know what it’s about read it out loud. This will let you get their opinion. You will hear the flow of your work and catch any mistakes.
- There are a lot of steps written about the conclusion. The best way is to read the closing paragraph and decide if it finishes the paper. If you can find it easy to just keep writing it means that you did not write to make the reader feel like it was done.