Classifying Triangles Worksheet -- Classifying Triangles Answers
- See Notes for Sec 4-2--identifying congruent figures and corresponding parts. see Sec 4.2 Notes Ans Also see your textbook, pg 202 for help.
HW: 4.1 Exterior-angle-theorem
Thurs Oct 10/20
Bell work 11
Handed back Quizzes. Questions over HW--Ext Angle Thm Sec 4.1
Worked through two proofs--Triangle Sum Thm and Exterior Angle Thm
Completed the Triangle Congruence "Sandwich Activity" Explored the 4 Triangle Congruence Theorems ( 2 were not)
Began discussion of proof and reasoning proving triangles congruent:
HW: no homework : )
Tues Oct 25
Bell Work 12 10/21/14
Continued discussion of proving triangles congruent using Triangle Congruence Postulates, SSS, SAS, ASA, & AAS from Sec 4-3 & Sec 4-4.
HW: Prac A Sec 4-3 & Sec 4-4 Prac A
Begin Triangle Congruence Proofs Packet C
If you have time, you could continue writing/typing out the Postulates and Theorems on pg 827--postulates through 21. And, Theorems pg 828 through 4.8. Simply add them to your list. If you have not started a list, you could start one. Also, familiarize yourself with all vocabulary from Sec 4.1--Sec 4.3 of your textbook.
Thurs Oct 27
Bell work 13
Continued to work with the Triangle Postulates & Triangle Congruence Proofs.
Explored why there is no AAA Congruence Postulate and no SSA.
Use congruent triangles (CPCTC--Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles are Congruent) to prove two triangles congruent from Sec 4-5.
Kahoot--SSS, SAS, ASA, AAS
HW: Finish proof packet C. Also, be working on proof packet D.
Sec 4.5 Proofs Packet D CPCTC finish as many as you can. Bring your questions in to class.
Bell work 14
Discussed Sec 4-6--using properties of isosceles and equilateral triangles.
p. 239 #8-25 Classwork--notes
Review for Chapter 4
Heads up...Ch 4 Test will be Friday 11/4. Begin reviewing now.
Some things to help you be "Quiz Ready" :
Read p. 251--Chapter Summary and look over Chapter Review, pg 252-254.
Continue writing out the postulates and theorems from this chapter--can use them as references on the quiz. See p. 827-828 for the list. From the postulates, you should add #19-21. From the theorems, you should add 4.1-4.8.
Spend time on Khan Academy--topics under Triangles from the 2nd quarter grid Khan Grid 2nd qtr .
Go back and review assigned homework. Review your handout notes--don't forget our "investigation notes--sloppy notes" of exploring different triangles.
Proof Packet D in today
HW: Work on Review for Chapter 4
Unit 4 Test--Triangle Congruence
- Do pg Act 5.1 on pg 263 in your textbook. Completing with a ruler and protractor by hand. Compete questions #1-4.
- go to my Google Classroom and Complete the Geogebra Exploration of Sec 5.1 and Sec 5.2
Start on HW, p. 267 & do #1-13.
- Investigative Learning:
- Activity #6 Blind Sequencing - 3 Proofs; students will arrange the cards to create three logical solutions to three different proofs
- 4.5 Using Congruent Triangles
- 4.6 Isosceles, Equilateral, and Right Triangles
- In class work: HW 4.5 and 4.6 p. 232 8 - 10, 14 - 18e, 22 and p. 239 8 - 26e, 34
Wednesday, November 4 and Thursday, November 5 -
- Evaluate (November test)
Tuesday, November 10 and Wednesday, November 11-
- Discuss 4.7 Coordinate Geometry Notes
- Cooperative Learning Groups (front as a class/back in groups): Using Congruent Triangles Wksht
- In class work: Peardeck Activity 4-7
- REMINDER: Chapter 4 Challenge Wksht DUE on TEST DAY!
- Review for Test which will be NEXT CLASS:
- Optional pages:
- p. 252 1 - 4, 9 -11, 14 - 18
- p. 255 1 - 20
- p. 248 27